Variable Frequency Drives
Gain complete control of your conveyor drive unit, from beginning to end.
Span Tech conveyors are available with Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), providing complete control of startup, acceleration, running speed, deceleration, and stoppage. The VFD can be built into the conduit box of the conveyor’s gearmotor, requiring no external wiring other than the incoming power lines. A conveyor drive with a VFD device is typically used to provide a controlled, conditioned power supply to an electromechanical device, and they are usually powered by the 3-phase power supply available but can also be order for single phase input.
- Programmable to many different functions: controlled start/stop, changes to motor speed (while it's running), ability to reverse the direction of the motor, transform power supply, overload protection
- Can be controlled via external devices (such as PLC)
- Provides feedback for how much voltage/amps the motor is using while it's running
- Sized according to amount of power they will need to supply the electromechanical device they are powering
- VFD options are offered on all SpanTech conveyors, and mandatory on the Outrunner spiral